Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sorry I can't resist, this one is funny

There are more important posts to be put up, like I still have to put up something on the Cultural Impact Assessment and also recent statements that have been made by the principal investors in the national Presidential campaign contested by others in the Navy and U.S. Dept. of Justice, but I just can't resist, this blog entry was funny because I have seen many times what the blogger, Dave, is talking about, but haven't read anyone else comment on it until now:

From: http://midnightoil.honadvblogs.com/2008/07/07/superferry-was-cool-but-frustrating/#comment-638

"Superferry was cool, but frustrating" July 7th, 2008 by Dave

"I was among the record number of riders for the Superferry over the 4th of July weekend...

Well…Has anyone else encountered a bit of frustration with how the vehicles are put on board?
Each way, we had one set in our group head to the ferry dock a few hours early to get in line with the hopes of getting on the boat early so we could grab one of the big tables, sit together and play cards.

Each time, the car we sent early was one of the last to load. We never got to play cards and on the way back, there weren’t even two seats together for our late arrivals.

Even more frustrating is that some of the long tables we could have used were taken up by singles who stretched out (smartly) with blankets for the three-hour tour.

Good for them, crap for us.

What’s the point of getting there early if you’re not going to be boarded until the last group?

Getting off the ferry first isn’t important, getting a good seat for a three-hour tour is the desire.
It’s a minor glitch that should be easily corrected. You come early, you get rewarded by getting on first.

I’d take it again, but next time I’d drop a passenger off in the walk-in line to reserve some seats, and I’d only take it if I were going for three days or more and needed my car..."

3 Responses to “Superferry was cool, but frustrating”

Kailua J: July 7th, 2008 at 1:46 pm
"...The only recommended improvement would be to align the vehicles better which are parked in 3 lanes. I’m not a big person but the parking director dudes need to allow enough space between bumpers to walk through if you have to walk from your car in the 2nd or 3rd lane to the stairway entrance to the passenger deck next to the 1st lane. Also the aisle space between lanes is so narrow that expect a little body buffing action from people walking by your car with bags, coolers, huge belt buckles, etc..."

Dave: July 7th, 2008 at 4:14 pm
"Kailua, I’m glad to meet SOMEONE who got a booth! I see you arrived a bit later, too. I’m glad you brought up the parking. I forgot about how the tight the cars were. Our friends in the other vehicle saw one car roll into another when everyone was returning and it nearly caused a fight..."

Mauibrad: July 7th, 2008 at 9:56 pm
Dave, good points about order or lack thereof boarding. I noticed this when counting on Maui, that people/cars getting their earlier would many times be sitting there waiting to get on while others coming later would just drive straight on. I watched it many times and it never did seem to be consistent or make sense to me. As far as I know, nobody else has commented on this online until your blog today, Dave.

Aloha, Brad

No comments: