Monday, March 17, 2008

HI Superferry: Maui Act. 2 EIS Scoping Meeting

The following link is to the Belt Collins handout at the Maui Act. 2 Superferry EIS hearing. I also took some pictures of overheads and diagrams that I will get up on flickr soon. This was a scoping meeting meaning they want to hear what the scope of the EIS study should be. But, I noticed in their handout, particularly in the "Need" section that they make a number of weak if not false assumptions. I made notes on my first two pages.

http://www.malamakauai.org/docs/Superferry-EIS_03-17-08.pdf

People on Maui spoke mostly from prepared statements, because they did not have a copy of this handout beforehand. I am sending it to you all to share with anyone interested there so that you can look at this beforehand and comment on some of the inconsistencies, but also to see the limited scope that they have previously contemplated.

Here are the best pics I took at the Maui Act. 2 EIS Scoping Meeting:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21400600@N03/sets/72157604148148905/

Something else another speaker noticed, when Uncle Les spoke to the Belt Collins and DOT rep., there was thunder outside. We almost never have thunder on Maui.

Aloha, Brad

No comments: